Because you will…
- Become a bilingual (English/Spanish) optometrist to serve the needs of the growing Hispanic population of the United States and the world.
- Be able to practice anywhere in the USA.
- No need for a passport if you are a United States citizen.
- All lectures, examinations, books and other printed material are in English.
- Have a great advantage to develop your practice and improve your work opportunities.
- Study in a caring environment with small classes so that you are able to ask questions and improve your learning opportunities.
- Learn and share experiences in a rich multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
- Participate in unique clinical experiences in our system of five hospital-based satellite clinics and main primary eye care clinic.
- Evaluate a patient population with diverse systemic and ocular conditions that will enhance your clinical learning experience.
- Have access to counseling and tutorial services when needed.
- Practice primary eye care in state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
- Practice in a system of specialty clinics such as pediatrics and infant’s vision, vision therapy, low vision, specialty contact lenses, prosthetic eyes, and electrodiagnosis.
- Have the opportunity to choose and rotate during the fourth year clinic program at several clinics and practices across the United States, Puerto Rico and other countries.
- Study in an optometric institution fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
and the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education.
- Enjoy the natural environment of a beautiful tropical island with many miles of beautiful beaches and mountains.
- Have the opportunity to enjoy sports and recreational activities all year-round
- Be a student of Inter American University, the largest private non-profit institution in Puerto Rico, with over 101 years of foundation.